North Carolina Swimming Registration
Registrar, NC Swimming
P. O. Box 30863
Charlotte, NC 28230-0863
E-mail Contact: email@example.com
North Carolina Swimming Registration information
New to Registration? Watch the Powerpoint below for some helpful tips:
Registration forms for 2017-2018 are now available. The 2017-2018 registration year begins September 1, 2017 – registration forms received on or after that date will be processed for the 2017-2018 year – annual registrations will have an expiration date of December 31, 2018 and should include the appropriate fees.
Please scroll down for 2017-18 forms/fees.
* All Coaches must have a current Background Screen, complete the online Athlete Protection/Safe Sport training, and be certified in CPR and Safety Training for Swim Coaches. In addition, coaches must satisfy the appropriate level of educational testing. Click here for current information on Coach requirements, including acceptable CPR and Safety Training courses: USA Swimming Coach Info
- ALL NEWcoach registrations should be accompanied by copies of their current certifications (CPR and Safety Training for Swim Coaches) or a copy of the Course Record for those classes.
* Required courses for first year USA Swimming coaches: Foundations of Coaching 101 (Must be completed by all new coach members prior to initial coach membership). Second year coaches need to complete Foundations of Coaching 201 and the Rules and Regulations test (two separate tests).
- ALLregistrations received from a club should be accompanied by the Registration Batch File you’re your team management software, the Financial Summary Form (below under Forms) indicating the batch covered, the number of athletes/non-athletes included, any outreach memberships, etc. AND must be accompanied by a check made payable to NC Swimming (issued by the club) or a copy of a check request sent to the financial office of your organization. We do not accept credit cards. • ALL NEW athlete registrations (that is, NEW to USA Swimming) must be accompanied by a copy of a birth certificate, passport or similar document OR a signed copy of the Proof of Age affidavit (found under Forms below). • TRANSFERS – Renewal registrations for athletes that were registered for the 2016-17 year with another USA Swimming organization (whether or not the athlete competed) must be accompanied by a Transfer Form (found under Forms below). Transfers that are already registered for the current season should be accompanied by a registration batch file, but there is no charge for the transfer. • ALL NON-ATHLETES must have a current Background Screen through USA Swimming and complete the online Athlete Protection Training. Both are valid for 2 years. Background screens and Athlete Protection Training may be completed by visiting www.usaswimming.org.
- ALL CLUBSmust conduct pre-employment screening on all employees who are members of USA Swimming (USA Swimming Rules & Regulations, Article 502.6.8) and must attest to the fact that the screenings are being conducted on their 2018 Club Application (Renewal and New clubs). ALL CLUBS MUST RENEW EVERY YEAR PRIOR TO DEC. 31!
FEES FOR 2017-2018:
Year Round Athlete – $68.00 Seasonal Athlete (Individual Season) – $40.00 (150 days; not for sectional or higher meets) Outreach Membership – $5.00 (requires copy of Free or Reduced lunch letter) Single Meet Athlete (for use ONLY for Open Water meets) – $20.00
Non-Athlete Membership (coaches, officials, meet directors, chaperones, board members) – $68.00
Renewing NCS Coach Membership – $68 prior to 12/20/16; $108 after 12/20/17
NCS Club Memberships – $95.00
Renewing NCS Club Membership – $95 prior to 12/20/17; $200 after 12/20/17
Organization Memberships (leagues, facilities) – $95
2017-18 Year Round Athlete Form – Fee is $68. Registration is valid until Dec. 31, 2018
2017-18 Seasonal Athlete Form – Fee is $40. Registration is valid for 150 days.
2017-18 Outreach Athlete Form (annual) – Fee is $5. Registration valid until Dec. 31, 2018; need qualifying paperwork.
2017-18 Non-Athlete Form – Fee is $68 for individual; Valid until Dec. 31, 2018. (coach renewal after 12/21 is $108)
2017-18 Club Registration Form – Fee is $95; (club renewal after 12/20/17 $200)
2017-18 Organization Registration Form – Fee is $95
2017-2018 Single Meet Athlete – Fee is $20
NC Swimming Athlete Proof of Age– may be used to prove age of new athletes. Alternatively, submit a copy of a birth certificate, passport, or similar government-issued document.
NCS Financial Summary Form – Should be sent in with EVERY registration batch, indicating what is included (# of athletes, non-athletes, outreach, transfers) and money enclosed.