Registration forms for 2018-2019 are now available. The 2018-2019 registration year begins September 1, 2018 – registration forms received on or after that date will be processed for the 2018-2019 year – annual registrations will have an expiration date of December 31, 2019 and should include the appropriate fees.
Below is a power point tutorial that walks you through some of the requirements for registration of athletes, non-athletes and clubs.
Please scroll down for 2018-19 forms/fees.
ALL ATHLETE registrations received from a club should be accompanied by the Registration Batch File generated from the club’s team management software (Team Unify or Team Manager); the Financial Summary Form (below under Forms) indicating the batch covered, the number of athletes/non-athletes included, any outreach memberships, etc.; AND must be accompanied by a check made payable to NC Swimming (issued by the club) or a copy of a check request sent to the financial office of your organization. We do not accept credit cards.
- ALL NEW athlete registrations (that is, NEW to USA Swimming) must be accompanied by a copy of a birth certificate, passport or similar document OR a signed copy of the Proof of Age affidavit (found under Forms below).
- TRANSFERS – Renewal registrations for athletes that were registered for the 2017-18 season with another USA Swimming organization (whether or not the athlete competed) must be accompanied by a Transfer Form (found under Forms below). Transferring athletes that already have been registered for the 2018-19 season should be accompanied by a registration batch file and transfer form, but there is no charge for the transfer.
- FLEX MEMBERSHIPS – A new membership classification available beginning September 1, 2018. Cost is $20, and is valid through December 31, 2019, but is subject to a TWO sanctioned meet limit, and is only valid for meets below the LSC championship level. Prior to competing in a third sanctioned meet, the membership must be converted to an annual membership. The annual membership fee will be offset by the amount already paid for the flex membership.
- **NEW FOR 2019**ALL ATHLETES 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER– All Adult Athlete members (18 years of age and older) must satisfactorily complete the US Center for Safe Sport Athlete Protection Training program every 12 months. Adult Athletes must be compliant at all times to be considered USA Swimming athlete members eligible to participate in sanctioned meets, practices, and club activities. Learn more at https://www.usaswimming.org/apt.
- LOG INTO YOUR USA SWIMMING CLUB PORTAL https://www.usaswimming.org/utility/landing-pages/club/club-and-lsc-portal-search. Need your club’s password? Contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL COACHES are registered by submitting a Non-Athlete Registration form. All coaches must have a current Background Screen (Junior Coaches are exempted from the background screen requirement), must complete the online Athlete Protection/Safe Sport training, and be certified in CPR and Safety Training for Swim Coaches (which includes an online portion and in-water skills). In addition, coaches must satisfy the appropriate level of educational testing. Click here for current information on Coach requirements, including acceptable CPR and Safety Training courses: USA Swimming Coach Info. If ANYTHING is out of date or not complete, coach membership is no longer valid.
- ALL NEW coach registrations should be accompanied by copies of their current certifications (CPR and Safety Training for Swim Coaches – both in water and online portions) or a copy of the Course Record for those classes.
- Required courses for first year USA Swimming coaches:
- Foundations of Coaching 101 (must be completed by all new coach members prior to initial coach membership).
- Second year coaches need to complete Foundations of Coaching 201 and the Rules and Regulations test (two separate tests).
- Junior Coaches – Must be 16 or 17 years old, and must be under the direct visual supervision of a certified coach member. They will NOT be required to have a current background screen, but ALL other coach requirements must be met (including educational testing). If a Junior Coach turns 18 during the registration year, they must then complete a background screen within 30 days of their 18th birthday in order to remain valid.
ALL OTHER NON-ATHLETES(officials, meet directors, chaperones) are registered by submitting a Non-Athlete Registration form, and must have a current Background Screen through USA Swimming and complete the online Athlete Protection Training. Visit usaswimming.org.
ALL CLUBS are registered/renewed by submitting the Club Registration form. Clubs must conduct pre-employment screening on all employees who are members of USA Swimming (USA Swimming Rules & Regulations, Article 502.6.8) and must attest to the fact that the screenings are being conducted on their 2018 Club Application (Renewal and New clubs). In addition, clubs must attest that the club complies with all racing start certification requirements and state concussion laws for training and information. ALL CLUBS MUST RENEW EVERY YEAR PRIOR TO DEC. 31!
FEES FOR 2018-2019:
Year Round Athlete – $70.00
Seasonal Athlete (Individual Season) – $40.00 (150 days; not for sectional or higher meets)
Flex Athlete Membership – 2 sanctioned meet limit; only valid for meets below the LSC championship level – $20. Converting a Flex to an Annual – $50.
Outreach Membership – $5.00 (requires copy of Free or Reduced lunch letter or similar documentation)
Single Meet Athlete (for use ONLY for Open Water meets) – $20.00
Adult Athlete APT Certification: Required training for all swimmers 18 years of age and older https://www.usaswimming.org/apt
Non-Athlete Membership (officials, meet directors, chaperones, board members) – $70.00
Renewing NCS Coach Membership – $70 prior to 12/20/18; $110 after 12/20/18
NCS new Club Memberships – $95.00
Renewing NCS Club Membership – $95 prior to 12/20/18; $200 after 12/20/18
Organization Memberships (leagues, facilities) – $95
2018-19 Year Round Athlete Form – Fee is $70. Registration is valid until Dec. 31, 2019.
2018-19 Seasonal Athlete Form – Fee is $40. Registration is valid for 150 days. Only valid for meets below sectional level.
2018-19 Flex Athlete Membership – Fee is $20. Two sanctioned meet limit. Only valid for meets below sectional level. Converting a Flex to an Annual membership – $50.
2018-19 Outreach Athlete Form (annual) – Fee is $5. Registration valid until Dec. 31, 2019; Requires Free or Reduced lunch letter or similar documentation.
2018-19 Non-Athlete Form – Fee is $70 for individual; Valid until Dec. 31, 2019. (coach renewal after 12/21 is $110)
2018-19 Club Registration Form – Fee is $95; (club renewal after 12/20/18 $200)
2018-19 Organization Registration Form – Fee is $95 (for leagues, facilities)
2018-2019 Single Meet Athlete – Fee is $20 (for use ONLY for Open Water meets)
NC Swimming Athlete Proof of Age– may be used to prove age of new athletes. Alternatively, submit a copy of a birth certificate, passport, or similar government-issued document.
NCS Financial Summary Form – Should be sent in with EVERY registration batch, indicating what is included (# of athletes, non-athletes, outreach, transfers) and money enclosed.