|Date of Posting||Swim Team||Contact Information||Job Description|
|11/22/22||Swim GSAemail@example.com||Assistant Head Coach – Full Time|
The Assistant Swim Team Coach is responsible for on deck instruction and coaching of swimmers. Responsibilities include assisting the head coach and head age group coaches with day-to-day operations. Every position at Swim GSA upholds principles that are central to the mission of Swim GSA program by modeling behaviors that reflect our team values, identity, and culture.
Pay Range: Salaried position commensurate with experience as well as paid vacation time and financial support for professional development.
Hours: Full Time
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2 years of swim coaching experience
• ASCA Level 2 or higher
• Current coach Member in good standing with USA Swimming
• Current CPR & First Aid Certification
Candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Well-versed in Team Unify, Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager
• Combination of coaching, swim instruction or teaching experience, competitive swimming background preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to communicate effectively with children.
• Lead basic dry land training
• Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to work as part of a team regardless of the expressed role within the team, and ability to changes roles as needed.
• Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the team and learn new skills sets to better serve in an ever-changing community and work environment.
• Ability to identify a problem, plan for and execute a solution for a desired outcome, involving others as needed.
• Ability to resolve conflict by negotiating solutions that will serve the best interests of all parties.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Certifications: All current USA Swimming coaching certifications which include, but are not limited to, Safety Training for Coaches (online and in-water), CPR PRO/AED, Foundations of Coaching, Concussion Protocol Training, Athlete Protection Training and USADA Coach’s Advantage Tutorial
(See https://www.usaswimming.org/coaches/coaching-membership-requirements-checklist), as well as Blood Borne Pathogen training. All certifications must be kept current.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Instruct swimmers in 4 competitive strokes, starts, turns and interval training.
2) Encourage participation in swim meets and other team activities.
3) Work at all Swim GSA hosted meets and selected travel meets, as needed.
4) Handle administrative tasks such as attendance, promoting swim meets and assisting with meet entries, etc.
5) Attend educational activities and clinics.
Inclusion: Value all individuals for their unique talents and actively promote diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
Communication: Effectively communicate with all individuals in a way that engages, inspires, and builds a safe, welcoming team spirit.
Development: engage in both self-development and encourage it from all individuals
Interested parties should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|11/03/22||St. Andrews University||Elizabeth Burris; Athletics Director, St. Andrews University, 1700 Dogwood Mile, Laurinburg, NC 28352||St. Andrews University, an NAIA institution, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Aquatics Director and Head Swim Coach. St. Andrews is a member of the Appalachian Athletics Conference and is located in the Sandhills region of North Carolina. The position reports to the Director of Athletics and is a full-time 12 month position. Duties include, but are not limited to: coaching and player development, recruitment of student athletes, process of travel, scheduling, program budget, student athlete eligibility and academic progress, fundraising, game management and other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics. The candidate should possess knowledge of NAIA and swim rules, standards, and regulations and dedication to ongoing education. The position is also responsible for developing effective and positive communication with the students, faculty, alumni, and community.|
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred. Proven successful aquatic and swim coaching experience at the high school and/or collegiate level.
Send letter of application, resume and contact information for three references to: Elizabeth Burris; Athletics Director, St. Andrews University, 1700 Dogwood Mile, Laurinburg, NC 28352. Please, no phone calls or faxes. Review will begin immediately and position will remain open until filled. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. St. Andrews is an EEO/AA employer.
|10/31/22||Blues Aquatics Asheville||Coach Bob Kizer at email@example.com||Assistant Swim Team Coach – Part Time|
Blues Aquatics Asheville
The Assistant Swim Team Coach will be responsible for coaching swimmers for in water and dry land training. The coach will assist the Head Coach at meets when possible.
Pay Range: $15-18/hr.
Hours: 6-8 hours per week (more hours during swim meets)
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Prepare and run practices for assigned training groups within the season plan for that group.
2) Communicate with parents and swimmers to encourage participation in swim meets.
3) Assist the Head Coach with meet entries for all assigned groups and attend meets when possible.
Candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Communication: Effectively communicate with swimmers, parents, and other coaches regarding all issues relevant to the team.
2. Some coaching, swim instruction or teaching experience is required, and competitive swimming background preferred.
3. Coach must have or be willing to get all USA Swimming required certifications, including Safety Training for Coaches (online and in-water), CPR/AED, Welcome to USA Swimming, The Quality Coaching Framework, Concussion Protocol Training, Athlete Protection Training and USADA Coach’s Advantage Tutorial
(See https://www.usaswimming.org/coaches/coaching-membership-requirements-checklist). All certifications must be kept current.
Interested parties should contact Head Coach Bob Kizer at firstname.lastname@example.org
|10/18/22||Alto Swim Club ||Head Coach Joey Sementelli at email@example.com. ||Description|
Alto Swim Club is seeking a full-time Age Group Coach.
Alto Swim Club is the premier USA swimming team in the Palo Alto and Stanford area; our mission is to be the best developmental and high performance swim team in the United States. We offer a comprehensive swim program for all athletes, from the beginner swimmer to the Olympian.
We are looking for a full-time Age Group Coach to join our close-knit coaching team and community. The Age Group Coach will be the Lead Coach for multiple 12 & Under groups. The coach will be involved in all aspects of team development and management. A typical week will include approximately 25 hours of on-deck coaching and 15 hours of administrative duties.
Coaching and / or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
Current USA Swimming coach certifications.
Loves coaching. Passion for developing swimmers of all ages.
Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
Expertise with current technique development and training.
Enthusiastic, hard working, and highly motivated team player.
Alto Swim Club offers competitive compensation based on qualifications.
How to apply:
Please send your resume to Head Coach Joey Sementelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get to know our team better, please visit www.altoswimclub.com.
|9/08/22||Mecklenburg Swim Association (MSA)||email@example.com||MSA SWIM SENIOR DEV COACH|
Mecklenburg Swim Association (MSA Swim) in the Charlotte, NC area is looking for a coach to assist in our Senior and Senior Developmental Programs coaching primarily 13 and Overs swimmers, but may assist some with 12 and Under practices. More information on the team can be found at msaswim.com
MSA current has 1000+ year-round swimmers on the team ranging from 6-18 years old, with novice swimmers to Senior National/Olympic Trial qualifiers. MSA has 4 sites in the Charlotte area and is hiring a new Senior Coach.
Responsibilities of this position include coaching, assisting in dryland, as well as administrative duties related to the group and overall team operations. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, 1-3 years’ experience as a swim coach, excellent organization and communication skills, and a desire to study and progress as a coach and a professional. Must be flexible to work with NC Senior State level swimmers and new, developmental swimmers. Ability to teach, motivate, and most importantly have fun!
This is a great opportunity with a competitive salary with bonus opportunity, paid vacations, healthcare assistance, and retirement plan. Position to begin immediately.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org