Below is the list of North Carolina Swimming athletes who achieved NCS All Star status during the period beginning on Sept 1, 2020 and ending on Aug 31, 2021 (athletes are listed by club code). The colored bars next to each swimmer’s name indicate how the athlete achieved All Star status and whether All Star status was achieved in multiple ways.
Those achieving All Star status will receive an All Star towel. Towels will be sent to the swimmers’ clubs for distribution
The NCS All Star list includes swimmers who achieved All Star Status in at least one of five ways.
- NCS Top Five short course times in at least two strokes (must be AAAA or better) as of Aug 31, 2021
- NCS Top Five long course times in at least two strokes (must be AAAA or better) as of Aug 31, 2021
- National Top Ten achievement in short course by individual age group as of Aug 31, 2021
- National Top Ten achievements in long course by individual age group as of Aug 31, 2021
- Open Water All Star recognition
- Each NCS swimmer who achieved NC Top-5 “AAAA” times in two or more of the following categories: distance freestyle, sprint freestyle, backstroke, butterfly, breaststroke, or individual medley in Short Course Yards is a NCS All Star upon verification by the NCS All Star Committee. The recognition period began September 1, 2020 and ended August 31, 2021.
- Distance Freestyle and Sprint Freestyle are considered distinct ‘strokes’ along with Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, and Individual Medley. Distance Freestyle include freestyle events 400 and longer for 17-18, 15-16, and 13-14; 200 and longer for 11-12 and 10&Under. Sprint Freestyle include freestyle events 200 and shorter for 17-18, 15-16, and 13-14; 100 and shorter for 11-12 and 10&Under.
- Each NCS swimmer who individually achieved at least one USA National Age Group Recognition Top 10 Time in either short course or long course is an All Star. Season-ending USA Swimming National Top Ten rankings by individual age as of August 31, 2021 determine achievement. USA Swimming rankings by age include ages 11,12,13,14,15,16,17, and 18,
- Swimmers are recognized as an NCS Open Water All-Star based on the Open Water All Star selection policy.