Welcome to the home page dedicated to Officials for North Carolina Swimming. You will find links to resources and information useful for officiating, education, recruitment, and retention of officials for North Carolina officials. If there is information you feel would be helpful, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. Todd Webber – NC Swimming Officials Chair
NC Swimming Officials Committee
The NCS Officials Committee has established Area Representatives and an Athlete Representative to provide a better communication channel with all officials within North Carolina Swimming. The LSC is divided geographically into five (5) areas with a local Representative from each area. The Representatives are positioned to help keep officials up to date with changes relayed to officiating within USAS and NCS. Each Area Representative should be the first point of contact to help answer any questions or address any issues for any official in NCS. The mission of the North Carolina Area Representatives is to promote the sport of swimming by supporting the growth and development of local swim officials through the recruitment of new volunteers and the mentoring of the officials’ membership of North Carolina Swimming.
To maintain continued excellence in swimming officiating, the Area Representatives are charged to carry out this mission by:
- Serving as a local NCS Officials Committee contact for NCS officials and clubs.
- Encouraging clubs to recruit new volunteers and providing facilities to host training clinics.
- Encouraging local officials to advance within the LSC, the Zone, and the nation.
- Identifying and recruiting available officials to staff local area swim meets.
Officials Committee (Map)
- Todd Webber – NC Swimming Officials Chair
- John Jewell – Zone 1 Rep-Eastern Carolina
BAC, CFAC, ECA, GOLD, HAWK, RMY, TRY, WBST, WOW, UNs who live in Eastern NC
- David Rigsbee – Zone 2 Rep-Raleigh area
- ASTF, BDA, CAST, CHY, CAT, FISH, GFSC, HAC, HCAC, LTF, MOR, NCAC, NCSU, NUMA, PAST, RSA, SBE, SDST, SEAL, SSS, SQUID, TAC, VACB, WAVE, YOTA, YOTS, UNs who live in the Triangle area
- Jeff Tunstall – Zone 3 Rep-Greensboro area
- EAC, GCY, GSA, GYW, HPSC, PAC, SFSC, STAR, TYDE, YBAC, UNs who live in Triad area
- Tom Donahue – Zone 4 Rep-Charlotte area
- AQTC, ATOM, BAD, CVAC, MAC, MSA, NMA, NSS, QCD, RACY, SA, SAIL, TEAM, UA, WA, XA, YSST, Uns who live in Charlotte area
- Colleen Gillan – Zone 5 Rep-Western NC
- ASC, CCAC, GG, GWU, HCAT, LENR, MARS, MSC, RCST, SAC, SMAC, WST, YWNC, Uns who live in the western part of state
- Erika Braun – Officials Committee Athlete Representative
Tools for Meets
- How to get your USA Swimming Credentials
- USA Swimming forms for officials
- Updated 10-2016 List of certified USA Swimming Officials
- NC Swimming forms for officials
- How to Handle Relay Lead Off and Initial Distance Splits
- Updated 5-2016 Quick Guide to USA Swimming Timing Adjustment Rule Change as of May 1, 2016
- Time Trials Worksheets (Short Course)
- Time Trials Worksheets (Long Course)
- Split Request Form
- Please submit the forms you use and we will add it to our list.
- How to become an official (Includes information on becoming an official, advanced certifications, handbooks, and NC Swimming Policies.
- Training resources
- List of upcoming clinics
- Advanced training (National Certification)