Welcome to the home page dedicated to Officials for North Carolina Swimming. If you are interested in becoming an official in North Carolina, please review this document How to become an official in North Carolina as it highlights the steps necessary. You will find volunteering as an official to be rewarding, fun, and exciting! Come experience first-hand the best seat in the house at every swim meet!
Listed below are resources and information useful to new and experienced officials. If there are questions or information needed at anytime, please feel free to contact me
John Jewell – NC Swimming Officials Chair
- How to become an official in North Carolina (Includes information on becoming an official, advanced certifications, handbooks, and NC Swimming Policies.
- Training resources
- List of upcoming clinics
- Advanced training (National Certification)
- FAQ For Officials: USA Website, Deckpass, Testing, Big 3, and more
Officials Survey Form
The NC Officials Committee is looking for feedback from our membership at large to help improve officiating in our LSC. To this end, we have developed a brief survey to collect this feedback. I would greatly appreciate if you would take a few minutes to follow the link and respond to the questions. Part of this survey includes questions about interest and ideas for a number of task forces that we are assembling to drive improvement in a number of areas. Please consider if you could participate in any of these initiatives.
NC Swimming Officials Committee
The NCS Officials Committee has established Area Representatives and an Athlete Representative to provide a better communication channel with all officials within North Carolina Swimming. The LSC is divided geographically into five (5) areas with a local Representative from each area. The Representatives are positioned to help keep officials up to date with changes relayed to officiating within USAS and NCS. Each Area Representative should be the first point of contact to help answer any questions or address any issues for any official in NCS. The mission of the North Carolina Area Representatives is to promote the sport of swimming by supporting the growth and development of local swim officials through the recruitment of new volunteers and the mentoring of the officials’ membership of North Carolina Swimming.
To maintain continued excellence in swimming officiating, the Area Representatives are charged to carry out this mission by:
- Serving as a local NCS Officials Committee contact for NCS officials and clubs.
- Encouraging clubs to recruit new volunteers and providing facilities to host training clinics.
- Encouraging local officials to advance within the LSC, the Zone, and the nation.
- Identifying and recruiting available officials to staff local area swim meets.
Officials Committee (Map)
- John Jewell – NC Swimming Officials Chair
- Bob Landry – Zone 1 Rep-Eastern Carolina
BAC, CFAC, ECA, GOLD, HAWK, RMY, TRY, WBST, WOW, UNs who live in Eastern NC
- Linda Hughes – Zone 2 Rep-Raleigh area
- ASTF, BDA, CAST, CHY, CAT, FISH, GFSC, HAC, HCAC, LTF, MOR, NCAC, NCSU, NUMA, PAST, RSA, SBE, SDST, SEAL, SSS, SQUID, TAC, VACB, WAVE, YOTA, YOTS, UNs who live in the Triangle area
- Rob Stevens – Zone 3 Rep-Greensboro area
- EAC, GCY, GSA, GYW, HPSC, PAC, SFSC, STAR, TYDE, YBAC, UNs who live in Triad area
- Marianne Dacier – Zone 4 Rep-Charlotte area
- AQTC, ATOM, BAD, CVAC, MAC, MSA, NMA, NSS, QCD, RACY, SA, SAIL, TEAM, UA, WA, XA, Uns who live in Charlotte area
- Colleen Gillan – Zone 5 Rep-Western NC
- ASC, CCAC, GG, GWU, HCAT, LENR, MARS, MSC, RCST, SAC, SMAC, WST, YSST, YWNC, Uns who live in the western part of state
- Abby Stevens – Athlete Rep
- Connor Hughes – Athlete Rep
- Annie Donahue – Athlete Rep
Tools for Meets
- How to get your USA Swimming Credentials
- USA Swimming forms for officials
- NCS Meet Referee List (as of 11/07/19)
- Implementing MAAPP at Swim Meets
NC Swimming forms for officials
- How to Handle Relay Lead Off and Initial Distance Splits
- Quick Guide to USA Swimming Timing Adjustment Rule Change
- Time Trials Worksheets (Short Course)
- Time Trials Worksheets (Long Course)
- Split Request Form
Please submit the forms you use and we will add it to our list.