MINOR ATHLETE ABUSE PREVENTION POLICY (MAAPP)
All clubs and LSCs are required to implement the new Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy (MAAPP) by June 23, 2019. This page includes helpful links and documents to assist clubs with that requirement. Please direct questions to NCS Safe Sport Chair Rebecca Landre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy – Full Policy
- Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy – Customizable for Clubs
- Applicable Adults
- One-On-One Interactions
- Social Media and Electronic Communications
- Locker Rooms and Changing Areas
- Massages, Rubdowns and Athletic Training Modalities
- APT Requirement for Adult Athletes
- Non-USA Swimming Activities
- Implementing MAAPP at Swim Meets
MAAPP SAMPLE FORMS
- Acknowledgement of Policy
- Permission for a Licensed Massage Therapist or Other Certified Professional or Health Care Provider to Treat a Minor Athlete
- Permission for a Mental Health Care Professional or Health Care Provider to have One on One Interaction
- Permission for an Unrelated Adult Athlete to Share the Same Lodging with a Minor Athlete
- Permission for an Unrelated Applicable Adult to Provide Local Transportation to Minor Athlete
- Permission for an Unrelated Applicable Adult to Travel to Competition with Minor Athlete
Link to MAAPP Implementation Check List for Clubs – To be added soon
ADULT ATHLETE APT CERTIFICATION
Effective June 23, all athlete members 18 years of age and older must satisfactorily complete the US Center for Safe Sport Athlete Protection Training Program every 12 months. Athletes who are not certified within 30 days after their 18th birthdays or do not renew their certification every 12 months will not be permitted to participate in USA Swimming activities like sanctioned swim meets and practices.
Adult Athletes can access the certification site here https://www.usaswimming.org/ATP
DOWNLOAD DECK PASS PLUS
All USA Swimming members can use USA Swimming’s website and DECK PASS PLUS to prove and track APT compliance.
CHECK YOUR ATHLETE ROSTER IN YOUR CLUB PORTAL ON USASWIMMING.ORG
Use your club portal to track APT status for your Adult Athletes and address non-compliance issues. Go here www.usaswimming.org/utility/landing-pages/club/club-and-lsc-portal-search and log in. Coaches, don’t know your team’s password? Contact Barb Frith at email@example.com.