For proposed legislation to pass with a 50% majority (Rules and Regulations) or a 2/3’s majority (By-Laws) the proposed changes must be submitted to the NCS rules chair by March 3, 2012. Any changes submitted after this date will require a 90% vote to pass. Instructions are included below. An example and a blank template are posted on the website.
To submit proposed changes to The NCS By-Laws or NCS Rules and Regulations:
1. Use the Legislation Template posted on the website.
2. Provide a summary, rationale, your name (or group) along with a recommended effective date in the shaded box.
3. In the body, copy and paste the current rule or By-law from the website.
4. On Microsoft Word, Under review, select track changes.
5. Edit the rule or by-law to the desired wording (MS Word will strikeout deleted text and underline added text for you).
6. Save Document with unique name. Example – Proposed Legislative ChangeLegislation Template
7. Send file to firstname.lastname@example.org