Here is the roster of the 2012 NCS Zone Team for 11-12’s and 13-14’s. 15 and overs will be confirmed after NC Senior Champs.
STAR Aquatics is very excited about hosting the NCS Senior LC Championships this weekend at the Greensboro Aquatic Center (GAC). We have 350 swimmers and some very manageable timelines so we are looking forward to a great meet.
I have attached several pieces of information that will hopefully help you plan your weekend.
1. A location map of the Greensboro Area which identifies local hotels and restaurant sponsors in location to the GAC. NCS Senor LC Champs – Greensboro Area Map
2. A parking map to identify traffic flow in and around the GAC (Coach & Official parking will be in lot #9 which is across Patterson St. from the GAC, use your credentials initially and then pick up a parking pass when you check in) NCS Senior LC Champs – Parking
3. A floor plan of the GAC that identifies the rooms you will be using in the facility and how they will be used (Note that team check-in will be to the left when you enter the building and that heat sheets will be available in that room prior to each session) NCS Sr LC Champs Facility-Pool Deck Layout
4. A timeline for Thursday Nights Session (note that a timeline for the rest of the meet will be in your team packet and that Thursday’s timeline is tentative dependent on positive check in and the ability to combine a heat of the 800’s or relays) NCS Senior LC Champs – Thursday session timeline
The majority of these things can be found on the STAR Aquatics web page (www.staraquatics.com) under the NCS Senior LC Championship tab at the right of the page. You may also find live results on this page and we will be utilizing the Meet Mobile and Live Results applications for those of you with smart phones.
In addition, below are several other important pieces of information for the weekend:
1. – There will be a General Meeting at 3:00 on Thursday before the start of warm-ups in Hospitality.
2. – For finals each night please note the location of the Ready Room for the Championship heat and awards for the top five finishers will be given after each event.
3. – Positive Check-in and Time Trial Sign-ups will be available during all warm-up and meet times at the Admin Table until the identified cutoff (copy will be in team packet)
4. – Meet Credentials – Please display at all times when in the pool area.
5. – Warm-ups – We will have a General Warm-up throughout the meet without specific lane assignments. We will have use of the competition pool and 5 lanes in the diving well throughout the meet. The warm-up schedule will be as follows:
a. Thursday – 3:30-4:30 pm – General; 4:30-4:50 – Specific
b. Friday, Saturday and Sunday Prelims – 7:00-8:20 – General; 8:20-8:50 – Specific
c. Friday and Saturday Finals – 4:30-5:20pm – General; 5:20-5:50 – Specific
d. Sunday Finals – 4:00-4:50 – General; 4:50-5:20 – Specific
6. – Team Information Sheet – If this form was not mailed in then please bring it with you when you check in or we will have forms there for you to complete.
– Also, please plan to have your payment with you at check-in if you have not already sent it in.
7. – Coach/Official Social – We will have a Coach/Official’s Social on Saturday Night at 9:00 pm after finals at Tripps on Wendover Avenue (Location identified on area map)
Coaches Packets – These will include relay slips, maps, facility layout, timeline, team roster and a list of check-in and scratch deadlines.
Concerns/Issues/Needs – If you have any issues that we can assist with then please locate me at the meet or feel free to contact me at (336)337-0169.
Please call me at the number above if you have any questions. We are looking forward to a Great and Fast weekend!
Here is the NC Senior Champs Preliminary Psych Sheet – 071612for the upcoming NCS Senior Long Course Championships. Please review your teams entries and make sure that they are correct. Please contact Michele Hendrix (email@example.com) if you have any corrections to times or discrepancies with your entries by 3:00 pm tomorrow, Tuesday, 7/17. Any questions regarding late entries should be directed to Meet Director, Trish Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please watch for additional information in the next two days regarding parking, warm-up assignments and check-in.
We are looking forward to a great meet and if you have any additional questions then please do not hesitate to contact me at the number below.
Each year Local Swimming Committees have the opportunity to select a recipient for the Outstanding Service Award. This award, sponsored by ConocoPhillips, is presented to a volunteer in each LSC in recognition of service to swimming. Recipients of the Outstanding Service Award are selected by the LSC and receive the award and an Outstanding Service Award pin.
All nominations will be forwarded to the Awards Committee and the winner will be announced at the Fall NCS Awards Ceremony.
Here is a list of Past NCS Volunteer Award Recipients.
Any proposed changes to the rules/bylaws must be submitted to Joel Black by August 3, 2012 to be considered under normal requirements. Anything submitted after that, is subject to a 90% approval.
If you would like to submit a proposed change, please use this template: Template for proposed legislative changes
This is just a reminder that entries for our Senior LC Championships are due through OME by Monday, 7/16/12, at 6:00pm. We will have a preliminary psych sheet out for you to review soon after.
In addition, please watch for update emails this week with timelines, warm-up schedules, etc. once we have the final numbers. In addition you may open the “NCS Senior LC Championship” tab on the STAR Aquatics website for current information and updates about the meet. Click here to open tab: https://www.teamunify.com/TabGeneric.jsp?_tabid_=64947&team=ncssa
If you have any questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me as we look forward to seeing everyone in Greensboro next weekend.
Head Coach/Meet Director
Greetings Coaches and Registrars:
Below are the updated registration forms (also reflecting updated fees) for the 2012-2013 registration year. Remember that any registrations processed prior to September 1, 2012 will expire on December 31, 2012 AND MUST BE RENEWED. In addition, your club and/or organizations must be renewed prior to December 31, 2012. Registrations for the 2012-13 year will be processed beginning September 1, 2012 – I cannot process any 2012-13 registrations prior to that date, and any registrations received after that date must utilize the new forms.
Below are the following:
1. 2012-2013 Year Round Athlete Form – Fee is $59. Registration is valid until Dec. 31, 2013
2. 2012-2013 Seasonal Athlete Form – Fee is $39. Registration is valid for 150 days.
3. 2012-13 Non Athlete Regstration Form Form – Fee is $59 for individuals, $107.50 for Family memberships (2 non-athletes in same household)
4. 2012-13 Club/Organization Registration Form Fee is $95; penalty of an additional $100 for those received after Dec. 31, 2012.
5. NC Swimming Athlete Transfer Form
6. NC Swimming Non- Athlete Transfer Form
7. NC Swimming Athlete Proof of Age– may be used to prove age of new athletes. Alternatively, submit a copy of a birth certificate, passport, or similar government-issued document.
8. NCS Financial Summary Form – Should be sent in with EVERY registration batch, indicating what is included (# of athletes, non-athletes, outreach, transfers) and money enclosed.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE FORMS HAVE BEEN UPDATED FOR THE 2012-13 YEAR – DO NOT USE THE OLD FORMS!!!!!!
The following forms must be submitted to me in paper or by fax or scan:
Non-Athlete Registration forms
Club or Orgnaization Registration Forms
I do NOT want paper or scanned copies of your athlete registration forms, unless you do not have Team Manager or Team Unify and cannot submit an electronic batch. In addition, I LOVE getting Proof of Age forms or Birth Certificates attached to the emails as pdf files – save a tree!
NON-ATHLETES CAN NOT BE REGISTERED IN AN ELECTRONIC BATCH – BE SURE TO ONLY SEND THEIR INFORMATION AS THE ACTUAL FORM.
Transferring athletes (those registered with a USA Swimming club for the 2011-12 season) should be included in a registration batch as a Renewal, and the required Transfer Form should be submitted.
When a check is sent, indicate on the check what it is intended to cover.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions – anything we can do to streamline this process is appreciated. Happy Swimming!
Here are the Warm-up Schedule/Lane Assignments for 14&U Age Group Champs: 14&U CHAMPS WARM-UP ASSIGNMENTS
Here is the Excel spreadsheet for Co-Chairs, and various Committee heads to use to submit requests for funding or expenses for the next fiscal year and their estimates for the three following years. As part of the USA Swimming LEAP program we are require to develop a Quadrennial Financial Budget and it just makes good business sense for the LSC. This is a template most have seen in the past with some improvements and a sample tab.
Any questions on budget items can be directed to me or Jon Fox. I would like all funding requests and budget expenses returned to me by August 18th for Jon and I to review. For those who need them, here are links to the Budget Template spreadsheet in both xls and xlsx versions in case folks have older or new version of Excel.
Thanks for your help and please let me know if you have any questions.
Here is the 2012 14 & Under Long Course Age Group Championships Psych Sheet: 2012 14U NCS LC Champs Psych Sheet PLEASE check your entries. You have until NOON tomorrow (Tuesday, July 10th) to submit changes. THE ONLY CHANGES THAT WILL BE MADE WILL BE BECAUSE OF ADMINISTRATIVE ERROR. There will be no changing of events. Please send to Alison Pick at email@example.com.
Senior 3 North Lead Coach
Lake Norman Charter Head Swimming/Diving Coach
704-766-1520 ext. 3104