STAR Aquatics is very excited about hosting the NCS Senior LC Championships this weekend at the Greensboro Aquatic Center (GAC). We have 350 swimmers and some very manageable timelines so we are looking forward to a great meet.
I have attached several pieces of information that will hopefully help you plan your weekend.
1. A location map of the Greensboro Area which identifies local hotels and restaurant sponsors in location to the GAC. NCS Senor LC Champs – Greensboro Area Map
2. A parking map to identify traffic flow in and around the GAC (Coach & Official parking will be in lot #9 which is across Patterson St. from the GAC, use your credentials initially and then pick up a parking pass when you check in) NCS Senior LC Champs – Parking
3. A floor plan of the GAC that identifies the rooms you will be using in the facility and how they will be used (Note that team check-in will be to the left when you enter the building and that heat sheets will be available in that room prior to each session) NCS Sr LC Champs Facility-Pool Deck Layout
4. A timeline for Thursday Nights Session (note that a timeline for the rest of the meet will be in your team packet and that Thursday’s timeline is tentative dependent on positive check in and the ability to combine a heat of the 800’s or relays) NCS Senior LC Champs – Thursday session timeline
The majority of these things can be found on the STAR Aquatics web page (www.staraquatics.com) under the NCS Senior LC Championship tab at the right of the page. You may also find live results on this page and we will be utilizing the Meet Mobile and Live Results applications for those of you with smart phones.
In addition, below are several other important pieces of information for the weekend:
1. – There will be a General Meeting at 3:00 on Thursday before the start of warm-ups in Hospitality.
2. – For finals each night please note the location of the Ready Room for the Championship heat and awards for the top five finishers will be given after each event.
3. – Positive Check-in and Time Trial Sign-ups will be available during all warm-up and meet times at the Admin Table until the identified cutoff (copy will be in team packet)
4. – Meet Credentials – Please display at all times when in the pool area.
5. – Warm-ups – We will have a General Warm-up throughout the meet without specific lane assignments. We will have use of the competition pool and 5 lanes in the diving well throughout the meet. The warm-up schedule will be as follows:
a. Thursday – 3:30-4:30 pm – General; 4:30-4:50 – Specific
b. Friday, Saturday and Sunday Prelims – 7:00-8:20 – General; 8:20-8:50 – Specific
c. Friday and Saturday Finals – 4:30-5:20pm – General; 5:20-5:50 – Specific
d. Sunday Finals – 4:00-4:50 – General; 4:50-5:20 – Specific
6. – Team Information Sheet – If this form was not mailed in then please bring it with you when you check in or we will have forms there for you to complete.
– Also, please plan to have your payment with you at check-in if you have not already sent it in.
7. – Coach/Official Social – We will have a Coach/Official’s Social on Saturday Night at 9:00 pm after finals at Tripps on Wendover Avenue (Location identified on area map)
Coaches Packets – These will include relay slips, maps, facility layout, timeline, team roster and a list of check-in and scratch deadlines.
Concerns/Issues/Needs – If you have any issues that we can assist with then please locate me at the meet or feel free to contact me at (336)337-0169.
Please call me at the number above if you have any questions. We are looking forward to a Great and Fast weekend!