Below is a chart of those athletes qualifying for the 2013 Select Camp. .
Here are the results from the NCS Age Group Short Course Championship Meet in Cary.
2013 NCS Age Group Championship Meet Results
North Carolina Swimming sadly acknowledges the passing of Dave Hoggard, a
long-time official and volunteer from the Raleigh area. Our thoughts are with
the Hoggard family.
Here is meet and hotel information for the 2013 Arena Grand Prix at Charlotte presented by UltraSwim which will be held at the Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center on May 9-12, 2013.
USA Swimming will handle all entry procedures for the UltraSwim and any questions should be directed to Josh Fowler, email@example.com concerning that meet. Swimmers who are members of USA Swimming with one or more qualifying standards in individual or relay events may enter the meet through USA Swimming’s OME system (usaswimming.org/ome) on a first-come basis beginning Monday, February 18, 2013, at 12:00 Noon Eastern Time, and may enter any number of events in which they have a qualifying standard. Time standards for this competition will be the current Summer Speedo Junior National standards.
The entry period for the Midday Meet, which will be named the SwimMAC Open, will begin on March 26th. Meet information and a TM entry file will be available prior to March 26.
Meet files from the North Carolina High School Athletic Association regional and championship meets were sent by email to all clubs. The .hy3 files can be put into TM and the SDIF files into Team Unify.
Coaches should be aware that the swimmers show up as NC-UN so club affiliations will need to be added.
If you need the files and did not receive the email, contact Bill Martin at billmartin@ncswim to have them sent.
Visit the NCHSAA website for high school meet results.
Below is information on the the USA Swimming Regional Coaches Clinic, April 26-28, 2013 in Pensacola, FL.
Below are Officials’ application forms for upcoming Masters Nationals and State Championship meets.
Times from the NCHSAA Regional and State Champs will be loaded into the SWIMS database on Sunday, February 10th. Coaches needing times from these meets for NCS Champs or JOs should wait to enter swimmers on Sunday evening or manually enter an override time putting the name and date of the meet in the proper column in OME. The times will be proven as they are being swum before the entry deadline. If you have questions, email Suzanne Heath at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 NORTH CAROLINA SWIMMING ZONE TEAM
13-14 and 15-18 YEAR-OLD ZONE TEAM SHORT COURSE SELECTION PROCESS
North Carolina Swimming will select up to five 13-14 and five 15-18 year-old girls and up to five 13-14 and five 15-18 year-old boys based on short course times achieved during September 1, 2012 – April 14, 2013. (No more than two swimmers maximum from each gender will be selected based on distance times.)
In order to field a team of the maximum allowed eight 13-14 and 15-18 year-old boys and eight 13-14 and 15-18 year-old girls, NCS will also select athletes in the summer using long course times. Summer long course 13-18 year-old selections will be based on long course performances achieved between April 9, 2013 through the conclusion of Sunday July 21, 2013 Finals of the NCS Long Course Senior Championships.
Short Course Selection Process:
Eligibility: Currently registered, NC Swimming year-round athletes selected by NCS. Any 13-18 swimmer who has the current Summer Junior National time standard in any event prior to the latest possible entry deadline for 2013 Southern Zone Age Group Championships, is ineligible to compete in the 2013 Southern Zone Age Group Championships.
* 13-14 and 15-18 year-old swimmers with at least two short course 2013-2016 13-14 and 15-16 year-old AAAA time standards will be allowed to apply for the 2013 NCS Zone Team by submitting a completed application.
* Swimmers applying are required to provide the entire non-refundable(is refundable if athlete is not selected) Zone fee of $475 per athlete, with application. The ONLINE APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED no later than April 14, 2013. If the athlete achieves a current individual Summer Junior National time standard, the fee will be refunded in full and an additional athlete will be selected during the long course season.
* 12 year-old swimmers or 14 year old swimmers who will be 13 years-old or 15 years-old by the first day of the Zone Meet (July 29th) AND have at least two short course 2013-2016 13-16 or 15-16 year-old AAA time standards, can apply for a spot in the 13-14 or 15-18 year-old 2013 NCS Zone Team.
* Swimmers Top Times from the SWIMS database and SWIMS single event power points should to be submitted, using the date range of September 1, 2012 to present.
* Swimmers will be notified of their selection no later than Monday, May 15, 2013.
* Swimmers not selected are eligible to re-apply in the summer using long course times achieved April 9, 2013 through the conclusion of Finals of the NCS Long Course Senior Championships July 21, 2013.
* All 13-14 and 15-18 year-old swimmers selected from short course 2012-13 performances will be chosen using power points derived from the USA Swimming SWIMS program. For a consistent assessment of all time point values, all times will be awarded points using only the 18 year-old single age group power points scale.
* In the event that a swimmer chosen by short course performances declines their selection, the next qualified swimmer, based on points, will be invited to be on the NCS Zone Team, such that up to five athletes are selected.
* All other 13- 14 and 15-18 year-old athletes will be selected in the summer. The long course selection process will be specified with the NCS Zone Team long course application and both the process and application posted by June 12, 2013.
2013 NC ZONE TEAM APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
1. COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM: 2013 Zone Team Online Application Form
2. SIGN AND SUBMIT CODE OF CONDUCT FORM: 2013 Zone Team Code of Conduct
3. SIGN AND SUBMIT RELEASE FORM: 2013 Zone Team Release Form
4. SEND SIGNED FORMS AND CHECK FOR $475 TO: NC ZONE TEAM, BRENDAN BETTS, 6309 KENT CV, RALEIGH, NC 27617