Three NCS swimmers were selected for the Junior Pan Pac Team that will compete in Honolulu, HI, August 23-26th. They are Peter Brumm, Kyle Darmody and Kathleen Baker all of MAC. Congratulations and Good Luck!
Here are the updated North Carolina Swimming Top Ten long course times with results from State Championship meets included.
The Third Annual Western North Carolina Open Water Challenge will be held Saturday morning on September 15 on Moss Lake in Kings Mountain, NC. This annual USAS event is hosted by Sharks Club (SAC). Events on the beach entry and exit, rectangular course include 5K, 3K, 2K and 500M “sprint” sessions. The layout provides an excellent spectator view of the swimmers throughout their Aquatic swim. This meet is a good venue for beginners and experienced distance swimmers and beginners. Campsites adjacent to the course with special swim team rates are available (campsite contact: http://www.cityofkm.com/lakeoffice). Additional meet information is available at www.sharksaquaticclub.com.
Here is information on the 2012 North Carolina Coaches Clinic to be held at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex on Sept. 28-30, 2012.2
Also, here are links to the USA Swimming website with more information on the clinics and a link for online registration.
Hula Ya’LL will be the theme of the 2012 NCS Zone Team as it travels to Texas to represent North Carolina in the Zone Championships. Here are some reminders and information for members of the Zone Team as they prepare for the trip. 2012 NC Swimming Zone Champs Trip Schedule and reminders
Good Luck Zone Team!
Here is the roster of the 2012 NCS Zone Team for 11-12’s and 13-14’s. 15 and overs will be confirmed after NC Senior Champs.
STAR Aquatics is very excited about hosting the NCS Senior LC Championships this weekend at the Greensboro Aquatic Center (GAC). We have 350 swimmers and some very manageable timelines so we are looking forward to a great meet.
I have attached several pieces of information that will hopefully help you plan your weekend.
1. A location map of the Greensboro Area which identifies local hotels and restaurant sponsors in location to the GAC. NCS Senor LC Champs – Greensboro Area Map
2. A parking map to identify traffic flow in and around the GAC (Coach & Official parking will be in lot #9 which is across Patterson St. from the GAC, use your credentials initially and then pick up a parking pass when you check in) NCS Senior LC Champs – Parking
3. A floor plan of the GAC that identifies the rooms you will be using in the facility and how they will be used (Note that team check-in will be to the left when you enter the building and that heat sheets will be available in that room prior to each session) NCS Sr LC Champs Facility-Pool Deck Layout
4. A timeline for Thursday Nights Session (note that a timeline for the rest of the meet will be in your team packet and that Thursday’s timeline is tentative dependent on positive check in and the ability to combine a heat of the 800’s or relays) NCS Senior LC Champs – Thursday session timeline
The majority of these things can be found on the STAR Aquatics web page (www.staraquatics.com) under the NCS Senior LC Championship tab at the right of the page. You may also find live results on this page and we will be utilizing the Meet Mobile and Live Results applications for those of you with smart phones.
In addition, below are several other important pieces of information for the weekend:
1. – There will be a General Meeting at 3:00 on Thursday before the start of warm-ups in Hospitality.
2. – For finals each night please note the location of the Ready Room for the Championship heat and awards for the top five finishers will be given after each event.
3. – Positive Check-in and Time Trial Sign-ups will be available during all warm-up and meet times at the Admin Table until the identified cutoff (copy will be in team packet)
4. – Meet Credentials – Please display at all times when in the pool area.
5. – Warm-ups – We will have a General Warm-up throughout the meet without specific lane assignments. We will have use of the competition pool and 5 lanes in the diving well throughout the meet. The warm-up schedule will be as follows:
a. Thursday – 3:30-4:30 pm – General; 4:30-4:50 – Specific
b. Friday, Saturday and Sunday Prelims – 7:00-8:20 – General; 8:20-8:50 – Specific
c. Friday and Saturday Finals – 4:30-5:20pm – General; 5:20-5:50 – Specific
d. Sunday Finals – 4:00-4:50 – General; 4:50-5:20 – Specific
6. – Team Information Sheet – If this form was not mailed in then please bring it with you when you check in or we will have forms there for you to complete.
– Also, please plan to have your payment with you at check-in if you have not already sent it in.
7. – Coach/Official Social – We will have a Coach/Official’s Social on Saturday Night at 9:00 pm after finals at Tripps on Wendover Avenue (Location identified on area map)
Coaches Packets – These will include relay slips, maps, facility layout, timeline, team roster and a list of check-in and scratch deadlines.
Concerns/Issues/Needs – If you have any issues that we can assist with then please locate me at the meet or feel free to contact me at (336)337-0169.
Please call me at the number above if you have any questions. We are looking forward to a Great and Fast weekend!
Here is the NC Senior Champs Preliminary Psych Sheet – 071612for the upcoming NCS Senior Long Course Championships. Please review your teams entries and make sure that they are correct. Please contact Michele Hendrix (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any corrections to times or discrepancies with your entries by 3:00 pm tomorrow, Tuesday, 7/17. Any questions regarding late entries should be directed to Meet Director, Trish Martin, email@example.com.
Please watch for additional information in the next two days regarding parking, warm-up assignments and check-in.
We are looking forward to a great meet and if you have any additional questions then please do not hesitate to contact me at the number below.
Each year Local Swimming Committees have the opportunity to select a recipient for the Outstanding Service Award. This award, sponsored by ConocoPhillips, is presented to a volunteer in each LSC in recognition of service to swimming. Recipients of the Outstanding Service Award are selected by the LSC and receive the award and an Outstanding Service Award pin.
All nominations will be forwarded to the Awards Committee and the winner will be announced at the Fall NCS Awards Ceremony.
Here is a list of Past NCS Volunteer Award Recipients.
Any proposed changes to the rules/bylaws must be submitted to Joel Black by August 3, 2012 to be considered under normal requirements. Anything submitted after that, is subject to a 90% approval.
If you would like to submit a proposed change, please use this template: Template for proposed legislative changes