- Individual Times Search – You can search for your time at a specific meet, season or age. If you only want your best times, you can look those up, too.
- Individual Event Rank Search – Want to know where you rank amongst your peers? Look no further! On this page you can search for your rank within an event.
- Event Rank – Unlike Individual Event Rank, which only shows your rank within an event, the Event Rank search section displays all swimmers ranked in a specific event. From age group swimmers to Olympians, you can find everyone’s rank in an event here.
We also added the link to Deck Pass where you can access the search options on your phone or pad. Swimmers can also earn badges for accomplishments in the sport.
Here is the 2012 NCS Zone Team Application Packet
After discussing options on our Meet Page, Richard Pockat expanded the number of meets displayed on a page. Instead of viewing 10 meets at a time and then having to click for the next page, we are now displaying 50 meets in a continuous page. It will involve scrolling down but we feel this will make it easier to find the specific meet. As a reminder, we are no longer posting results from Meet Manager because of the USA Swimming ID is included in the file. The goal will be to combine all approved upcoming meets for the 2012-2013 short course schedule on the page to offer one location for teams to view potential meets. Announcements will be attached (pdf icon) once the sanctioning committee has approved the announcement.
As a reminder, you can always use the search box in the meet page (see below) to find a specific meet. The search works very well and starts eliminating meets as you type. The search option will search for any field, a team name, a date, a location etc.
Some other changes we have recently made:
- Updated Rules and bylaw changes from last HOD meeting.
- Removed the Parents Menu – all items were duplicated in other areas.
- Modified the About page and added two tables of contact information.
- Added 4 new NC Swimming Logos (thanks to Bill Martin) under the About menu.
- Modified the submit news page and added Bill Martin’s email address. If your team would like a story published or some pictures posted, please use this link or send an email to Bill with the details.
- Modified the menus to work better on some mobile devices.
- Enabled automatic updates to our Facebook page and Twitter Feed.
Create a poster about safety in the pool (competition or training) or open water (competition or training) or dryland (training). The rest is up to your imagination.
The objective of the Safety Poster Contest is to build awareness for safety in the competitive swimming environment. Athletes from every LSC are asked to submit ideas using their talent and vision to come up with an original poster design.
Poster can be created in any medium. Poster must be 20” x 24” for display.
All athlete members are eligible; each LSC will pick one winner.
Safety Education Committee will select 10 from the LSC submissions for display at Olympic Trials.
Grand Prize will be selected at Olympic Trials based on voting by visitors to the display.
All entries at LSC level will receive a specially designed Deck Pass Patch
LSC winner will receive a specially designed USA Swimming London Olympics commemorative pin
Top 10 will receive USA Swimming merchandise
Grand Prize winner will receive a $250 gift certificate to Kiefer Swim Shop (www.kiefer.com)
USA Swimming is now offering the ability to submit Occurrence Forms online. Submitting the form online will be a more efficient way of sending information to USA Swimming. The Report of Occurrence is submitted any time there is an accident or injury during such USA Swimming activities as Sanctioned or Approved swim meets, swimming practices, contracted Swim-a-Thons or approved social events.You will be able to find the link under the Meet Director page or the Meets Forms and Documents page of NC Swimming.
North Carolina Swimming has two swimmers that have been selected to compete in this year’s National Diversity Select Camp being held in Colorado Springs. Basira Knight from YOTA and Danielle Liu from DUKE will be representing the LSC. Participating athletes achieved posted qualifying time standards and eligibility requirements. 36 total athletes were selected. The 3-day camp program includes a combination of pool training, motivational and education sessions, and team building activities. For additional information click here.
Congratulations Basira and Danielle!
Here is a video clip taken at the North Carolina Swimming Select Camp. Enjoy!
Here is updated information on the NCS Select Camp. Congratulations to all who will be attending.