Congratulations to Wayne Shulby from North Carolina Swimming for serving as Meet Referee at Winter Junior Nationals held December 10-13, 2014 in Federal Way, Washington. Wayne was presented the golden whistle for his efforts by Dan McCallan from USA Swimming. Wayne has dedicated countless hours serving our LSC and the sport of swimming. Please wish him well the next time you see him on deck.
The November 2014 NCS Board of Directors Meeting will be held on Wednesday November 12th at 8:30 PM EST via teleconference.
Dial in number: 857-232-0156
Conference Code: 815416
Our long course championship meets are fast approaching and we encourage all officials to sign up.
North Carolina Long Course Age Group Champs: Held July 17-20, 2014 at the Triangle Aquatic Center in Cary, NC
- Meet Ref: Tom Cox
- Admin Ref: Cynthia Shannon
- Officials sign up form to work LC Age Group Champs
Eastern Section of Southern Zones Champs: Held July 17-20, 2014 at the Greensboro Aquatic Center in Greensboro, NC
- Meet Ref: Chris Kitchens
- Admin Ref: Trish Martin
- Officials sign up form to work Eastern Section Southern Zones Champs
North Carolina Long Course Senior Champs: Held July 24-27, 2014 at the Greensboro Aquatic Center in Greensboro, NC
North Carolina Swimming has published an NCS OME New Users Guide system used for signing up swimmers for our Championship Meets. We will also post this document on the homepage for coaches, officials, and the meet information and documents page.
We have upgraded the hosting service and some of the updates have caused some issues with displaying the data correctly. We hope to have the problem resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
We have made a few changes to the website over the last week
- Updated the Find a Swim Club page and consolidated pages. We have made the following changes:
- We have made the contact field a hyperlink so it will make it easier to follow up with the coach.
- We have re-sized the fields so more pertinent can be displayed.
- We moved to map view to the bottom of the page with the list at the top.
- We would like each team to update us with the following details:
- Any revisions to the web address for your team
- An email name and address you would like listed as the contact
- A link to your facebook and/or twitter pages
We hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving Break.
If you are interested in becoming an official with USA Swimming, here is your chance. We have five different stroke and turn clinics being offered across the state over the next two weekends. The class usually takes two to three hours and will give you the fundamental knowledge to start the training process and wear white shirts proudly on deck.
To see if there is a clinic near you, visit the Officials Clinic page and contact your friendly trainer to sign up. The class is free but the valuable knowledge you will receive will last a lifetime… Come join us, you will enjoy the fellowship.
We have heard a lot of feedback about the meet page and the ability to easily find meets. Based on the feedback, we have implemented some changes in how we display meets.
We are offering three options for finding meets.
- Current Season Meets: A new page for the current season meets: Example – 2013-2014 Short Course Meet Schedule. The entire current season will be displayed on one page.
- Future Season Meets: A new page for the future season meets: Example 2014 Long Course Schedule. As soon as approved at the latest HOD meeting, the meets will be posted to aid teams in planning future travel.
- 2007-2013 Meets Page: A page with all archived meets from 2007 to the immediate future season meets.
We feel by breaking the data into customized groups, current season, future season, and an archive page will make it easier for coaches to quickly see what is happening now, plan for the future, and find relevant information about the past meets. A special thanks to Richard Pockat for customizing the templates for each page.