2013 NORTH CAROLINA SWIMMING ZONE TEAM
13-14 and 15-18 YEAR-OLD ZONE TEAM SHORT COURSE SELECTION PROCESS
North Carolina Swimming will select up to five 13-14 and five 15-18 year-old girls and up to five 13-14 and five 15-18 year-old boys based on short course times achieved during September 1, 2012 – April 14, 2013. (No more than two swimmers maximum from each gender will be selected based on distance times.)
In order to field a team of the maximum allowed eight 13-14 and 15-18 year-old boys and eight 13-14 and 15-18 year-old girls, NCS will also select athletes in the summer using long course times. Summer long course 13-18 year-old selections will be based on long course performances achieved between April 9, 2013 through the conclusion of Sunday July 21, 2013 Finals of the NCS Long Course Senior Championships.
Short Course Selection Process:
Eligibility: Currently registered, NC Swimming year-round athletes selected by NCS. Any 13-18 swimmer who has the current Summer Junior National time standard in any event prior to the latest possible entry deadline for 2013 Southern Zone Age Group Championships, is ineligible to compete in the 2013 Southern Zone Age Group Championships.
* 13-14 and 15-18 year-old swimmers with at least two short course 2013-2016 13-14 and 15-16 year-old AAAA time standards will be allowed to apply for the 2013 NCS Zone Team by submitting a completed application.
* Swimmers applying are required to provide the entire non-refundable(is refundable if athlete is not selected) Zone fee of $475 per athlete, with application. The ONLINE APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED no later than April 14, 2013. If the athlete achieves a current individual Summer Junior National time standard, the fee will be refunded in full and an additional athlete will be selected during the long course season.
* 12 year-old swimmers or 14 year old swimmers who will be 13 years-old or 15 years-old by the first day of the Zone Meet (July 29th) AND have at least two short course 2013-2016 13-16 or 15-16 year-old AAA time standards, can apply for a spot in the 13-14 or 15-18 year-old 2013 NCS Zone Team.
* Swimmers Top Times from the SWIMS database and SWIMS single event power points should to be submitted, using the date range of September 1, 2012 to present.
* Swimmers will be notified of their selection no later than Monday, May 15, 2013.
* Swimmers not selected are eligible to re-apply in the summer using long course times achieved April 9, 2013 through the conclusion of Finals of the NCS Long Course Senior Championships July 21, 2013.
* All 13-14 and 15-18 year-old swimmers selected from short course 2012-13 performances will be chosen using power points derived from the USA Swimming SWIMS program. For a consistent assessment of all time point values, all times will be awarded points using only the 18 year-old single age group power points scale.
* In the event that a swimmer chosen by short course performances declines their selection, the next qualified swimmer, based on points, will be invited to be on the NCS Zone Team, such that up to five athletes are selected.
* All other 13- 14 and 15-18 year-old athletes will be selected in the summer. The long course selection process will be specified with the NCS Zone Team long course application and both the process and application posted by June 12, 2013.
2013 NC ZONE TEAM APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
1. COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM: 2013 Zone Team Online Application Form
2. SIGN AND SUBMIT CODE OF CONDUCT FORM: 2013 Zone Team Code of Conduct
3. SIGN AND SUBMIT RELEASE FORM: 2013 Zone Team Release Form
4. SEND SIGNED FORMS AND CHECK FOR $475 TO: NC ZONE TEAM, BRENDAN BETTS, 6309 KENT CV, RALEIGH, NC 27617